born 1778 and who immigrated from Ecclefechan, Scotland to Prince Edward Island in 1821. He died Feb 14, 1850 and is buried Murray Corner "Pioneer" Cemetery NE of Port Elgin, on Route 955 (Botsford Parish, N.B.) Details below
married to Jennie
HALL born 1790. She died Oct 6, 1867 and is buried
Murray Corner "Pioneer" Cemetery NE of Port Elgin, on Route
955 (Botsford Parish, N.B.)
They had the following children:
From A HISTORY AND STORY OF BOTSFORD (A Parish of Westmorland County, New Brunswick, Canada, with genealogical sketches of 68 families) by W. M. BURNS about 1933
The Blacklock families living at Little Shemogue are descendants of Thomas Blacklock, born in 1778 and who immigrated from Ecclefechan, Scotland to Prince Edward Island in 1821. For a short time he taught School on the Island and then crossed over to New Brunswick. On leaving the Island Province he came to Little Shemogue and took up the lot of land where Albert Blacklock now resides. He went to Fredericton to receive the grant. For a year or two he remained in Fredericton and taught school. He returned to Shemogue in 1827 and built for himself a log house beside the river which flowed through his land.
Before leaving Scotland in 1821 he had married Jennie Hall. Returning to Scotland in 1833 for his family he brought them to New Brunswick the same year. The vessel that brought the Blacklocks to New Brunswick in 1833 landed them at Richibucto, from which place they reached Little Shemogue in a small boat. They made a landing at Johnston's Point and from there they followed the winding river until they reached the log cabin that Blacklock had built for his family.
Thomas Blacklock raised a family of four sons and two daughters. The sons were William who settled on the homestead, Thomas and John who both settled at Little Shemogue, and Andrew. One daughter, Jean married E. A. Welch who located on a farm near the Blacklocks on the road leading from Oulton's Corner to Chapman's.
Thomas A. Blacklock and J. Smith Blacklock of Little Shemogue, sons of the late John Blacklock are grandsons of the Thomas Blacklock who came from Scotland in 1821. William A. Blacklock who settled on the Blacklock homestead and Thomas Blacklock who settled on the Murray Road were sons of William Blacklock. The Blacklocks have always been very enterprising farmers and dealers in live stock. A visit to their farms well repaid one for it was interesting to see their herds of fat cattle. The name of Blacklock is an honored one in the community where they intensely interested themselves in those things which have to do with the best in the life of any country. Their ideals went a long distance in establishing the type of character so common in the life of the Parish of Botsford.
|A Facebook Group for Hayward, Sheane, and Logan can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hayward.and.logan/|
|Home||Terms||Privacy||About us||Charts & Tools||Contact us|
Though we make a ongoing effort to ensure the validity of all information on this site, that does not ensure that it is so. As we can, we will associate each event with a collaboration, or source.
We welcome all inquiries about the families by those who are looking for information, or by those who want to share information that will enhance the information of the families listed on this site.
Please do not ask for information on the living, you will not receive it.
All information on this site is freely available for use by those whose end result is the pursuit of their own family lines, and not for profit. View our terms/privacy page.